- The Canada Student Service Grant (CSSG) for post-secondary students and recent graduate volunteering opens June 25, 2020.
- One-time payment of between $1,000 and $5,000 based on the number of hours served.
- Volunteer positions can be found through the I Want to Help platform at https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/volunteer
Paid work placements
- Supporting an additional 20,000 job placements for post-secondary students in high demand sectors.
- Creating 10,000 new job placements for young people between the ages of 15 and 30 through the Canada Summer Jobs program. This expands the current work placement target from 70,000 to 80,000
- Creating 5,000 new internships through Mitacs for college and university students across Canada with small and medium-sized businesses.
- Increasing funding to the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) program by $40 million to help post-secondary graduates gain professional work experience.
- Creating over 3,500 new job placements and internships through the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy. This includes new funding of $34 million, in addition to the over $153 million announced on April 22, 2020.
- Providing $6.7 million for the Computers for Schools Plus (CFS+) program.
- Creating 5,000 to 10,000 more work-integrated learning opportunities through the Business + Higher Education Roundtable (BHER)