The following changes could affect corporations that file Ontario annual information returns:
- As of May 7, 2021, Ontario Corporations Information Act annual returns will no longer be available for download on Canada.ca.
- As of May 15, 2021, Ontario Corporations Information Act annual returns will no longer be filed through the Canada Revenue Agency.
Effective May 15, 2021 and until further notice, corporations are temporarily exempted from the annual return filing requirement, if the return is due during this period. Sign up here (https://mailchi.mp/ontario.ca/business-registry-setup) to receive updates about the Ontario Business Registry and the end of the temporary exemption. Find out more information about the regulation here (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900182) .
The changes will apply to the following forms:
- Schedule 546, Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Ontario Corporations
- Schedule 548, Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Foreign Business Corporations.
- Form RC232, Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations.
The CRA will continue to process Corporation T2 income tax returns and T3010 Registered Charity Information Returns.
For more details visit Canada.ca
The above content is for informational purposes.