July – August:
- Launch of pilot CEWS post payment compliance project through the Trust Exam Program and Employer Compliance Audit
- All remaining functions in the Objections Program, the Taxpayer Relief Program and CPP/EI Appeals to the Minister and to the Courts
- All remaining assessment benefit and service branch activities except
- Discounter audit
- T183 monitoring
- Certain validation activities
- Debt Management Call Centres will begin receiving calls (more flexible and longer term payment plans available)
- GST/HST Refund Integrity program.
- Insolvency officers will being processing insolvency filings and issue Proofs of Claim to trustees.
- Charities – voluntary revocations, no change audits, high risk audits, and support Appeals objection decisions
Starting in September:
- Additional post-payment validation of new programs introduced as a result of COVID-19 (i.e. CERB, CEWS and CESB)
- Debt Management Call Centres will start making calls to pursue debtors.
- Collection officers will re-evaluate debtor situations. No legal action.
- Expand assistance to vulnerable taxpayers to meet compliance obligations.
- Underground economy (UE) focus through the development of projects and leads, including raising 152(7) assessments for targeted populations (arbitrary assessments).
- T1 Processing review, including educational strategies.
- Automated Dialing and Announcing Device (ADAD) campaigns to remind taxpayers of upcoming filing requirements
- Re-instate GST/HST Delinquent Filer program’s automated compliance process with mail outs, automated assessments, and the holding of refunds for non-compliant registrants
- Business compliance reviews
- GST/HST letter writing/nudge campaigns
- CPP/EI Rulings (resume all activities)
Starting in October:
- Collections automated strategies reactivated with collection letters.
Starting in January 2021:
- Traditional approach to collections where legal warnings are issued. Some high risk situations will start in September.
- Full resumption of Small and Medium Enterprise Directorate and GST/HST Programs
- Charities audits
For more information visit the CRA website at: